Friday, August 5, 2011

Small Update

It's been hella busy this past week. Surprisingly, there was only one incident that stood out.

I was up front, putting up bagged scripts into bins. I dude runs up to the pharmacy counter. He's frazzled and has huge sweat stains in the front of his shirt.

"Ma'am! I need help now. I need something to make somebody throw up, or he's gonna die!!!"

Cue me giving the best wtf look ever.

Pharmacist on duty: "Well there was syrup of ipecac, but that was taken off the market. You should probably take him to the emergency room as soon as possible."

Sweat dude: THERE'S NO TIME FOR THAT! HE'S GONNA DIE!

He runs out of the store.

I don't understand how if a person is that much in critical condition that it would be too late for the emergency room yet buying something over the counter can save him.

I found out after reading the very entertaining Apothecary Tales that all oral contraceptives will be required to have zero copays from insurance companies as of August 2012. I just can't wait for the huge abstinence-only backlash that follow. It will be an epic fight.

Pillpharmer aus

No comments: